A laboratory for innovation in democracy. Since 2004

Aug 13: Biden 357 EV (D+6.1% from toss-up), Senate 52 D, 48 R (D+4.0%), House control D+3.5%
Moneyball states: President AZ NV AR, Senate MT KS AK, Legislatures KS TX NC

Data Science in 30 Minutes: Partisan Gerrymandering

October 11th, 2017, 8:59pm by Sam Wang

Here’s a webinar on how data nerds can help fight partisan gerrymandering: You can help by joining state-level efforts, and by supporting our work.

Tags: Redistricting

One Comment so far ↓

• Ken Jacobs

I support your work to eliminate (or minimize) partisan gerrymandering. The continuing polarization of our current political environment will destroy our democracy. I have only recently become aware of the scope of the problem, although as I approach retirement age, the term gerrymandering is not new to me. I suspect that many voters do not understand the seriousness of the problem.

A good introduction to the problem is outlined in a recent report published by the Harvard Business
    School: Why Competition in the Politics Industry is Failing America. It outlines many of the systemic factors that inevitably lead to where we are today. Gerrymandering is one of the factors, but they all need better visibility for the voting public.

By the way, I am not a data scientist, but I do have some Excel/vba skills. ;)